The fith edition of the Lindy Hop and Solo Jazz Festival in Girona province, and specifically at the Costa Brava, will take place during September 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th 2018. It’s not just a festival, but it’s the festival where any lindy hopper would like to go. Hundreds of participants will stay in the Summer House Albatros in Llafranc, where they will enjoy Lindy Hop classes with the best international teachers, tasters, and spend their free time on the beach or by the pool taking advantage of the last days of summer. With no other concern than to dance, have fun and meet new people, as the accommodation and food are included in the passes. The parties are given both outdoors in magical places, like in cozy and spacious spaces without worrying about the foot strikes. First level bands playing at the festival, parties until late and possibility of afterparty. Interesting competitions with amazing prizes, exhibitions and great dancers from everywhere.
Why Swim Out Costa Brava is different?
– An emblematic environment, surrounded by the green fields of the Empordà and the amazing beaches of the Costa Brava.
– A schedule adapted to enjoy the festival, slowly but surely.
– You don’t have to worry about accommodation or meals; we offer you a bed and a dish on the table in every meal.
– Not only dancing, you will also have fun with the aquatic activities.
– Proximity and comfort: all activities placed close, no need of transportation.
– SUPER competitives rates!!!
– TOP Teachers from national and international scene, the best professionals for your learning.
– Parties with great musicians, spacious, bar service, funny photocalls, vintage stands and foodtracks: Slide & Swing, Creperie de Marione, SusieSweetDress…
Swim Out Costa Brava wants to be a meeting place for lindy hoppers all around, where there is time not only to receive classes, dance and compete at the dance floor, but also to meet new people, exchange experiences, help building the associative swing network as well as having fun in one of the best areas in Catalonia.
One of the best landscapes + Lindy Hop can not fail! You will not want to miss it, we wait for you at the windy land!
We are the Association that organizes Swim Out Costa Brava. Created in 2012 by Alba Casadellà, and with the collaboration of Jose Mª Farfán. Our goal as Windy Hoppers is to spread intensely swing music and lindy hop in Girona area. We offer different levels classes, do social dances at some local clubs , swing concerts, performances and we also participate in all kind of cultural events, specially in Empordà area.
It’s a growing family, where all of the members have a strong contribution spirit concerning the swing community and activities. We have awaken a lot of smiles, not only with learning of this dance that fascinates who taste it, also because we have contributed to create social networks between small towns, where often they have a short cultural offer.
If you want to know us, don’t miss the Swim Out Costa Brava, it will be the event of the year and we are desirous to embrace the lindy hoppers from all the rest of the territories and associations. Swim Out Costa Brava festival is twinned with the Costa Brava Jazz Festival in Palafrugell, with the porpuse of turning the region into a place of expression of jazz, swing and its popular art forms. We know you are a huge community, so reserve these dates at your calendar because in the Empordà we will receive you with open arms!